1.12.2006

Lunch in my New Office!

So - it's been awhile as my impish cohort on the sunny side of the states has reminded me. Since my last post, a lot has happened.

First of all, the holidays happened. Those were a bit tough, but I muscled through. New Year's was fun and I got to hang out with an old friend, although I don't remember most of the night and I know that I made quite an ass of myself - offline and on. The next day was, by far, one of the most humbling and horrifying pictures I've had of myself - though I've had a few of those in the past 3 months. I did learn something: when you do realize that you're WAY too emotional while drunk, separate yourself from people completely. You might think that the anonymity of the internet will help things, but it doesn't; think beer muscles for the manipulative mind. Trust me - just unplug the computer for the night and sleep it off.

However, despite my foibles, the New Year has helped me get on with a new life. New Year, new apartment, new job. I started my job at a nationally known museum last week and it is incredible. Not only are there an amazing amount of incredible people here, but I feel welcomed and comfortable. I'm doing some inventories to help transition with our move into our newly built storage and came across a diaphragm. Interesting artifact for a museum focusing on children, especially seeing as that very item has limited our patron base.

I joined the book club at work, and currently we're reading The Poet and the Murderer by Simon Worrall. Non-fiction isn't really my bag, but it's pretty fascinating. I can't imagine Sotheby's will thank me for linking to the book...yes, that Sotheby's. Hah - I work at a museum; and it is incredible (and so is the weather right now, sunny and 51). Ok - time for the lyrics then I need to get back to work!

when you move like a jellyfish
rhythm don't mean nothing
you go with the flow
you don't stop
Bubble Toes by Jack Johnson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home