1.23.2006

Possessed Elevator

...yes, I said possessed elevator.

At work we've been trying to evacuate one of our storage rooms because, in the near future, it will no longer be ours and the construction guys have to work on the water and electricity in there. Well, as I'm sure you all know water, books, and rare artifacts do not mix well.

To clear out that room, we need to load up all the books and artifacts onto carts, take them on a 5-minute walk through a mix of public museum space and construction site, down a brand new freight elevator, and into our new storage room. Well, that was the plan. Since then, it has come to our attention that the elevator is completely possessed. Sometimes, the doors won't open; others, they won't close. Sometimes, the doors will close but the elevator won't move. And, we've had once incident where the door actually attacked someone. The company that works on the elevator has been called every day since we've started the project, to no avail. We need an old priest and a young priest.

On another note, my weekend was awesome. Started off with a great Gitis' Plate (italian sausage, mac salad, REAL homefries, everything on it including preprocessed tomato extract and plenty of Tabasco) and then welcomed home Timmay from a trip to Tanzania. Saturday morning, Fran and I drove out to the 'Cuse with Nate & Laurie to play in the Guildpact Pre-release Tournament (3 vs. 3 Teams Event). I should have done that coroner trick where they put Vicks under their nose to avoid the stench - cause I almost choked on the geek-stink. From there, we proceeded to see Underworld 2. Normally, I would link to it, but I hated it. I loved the first one, but I hated this one. That's all the free PR I'll give them.

However, I did see quite a few cool videos that I'll post:
I feel better about being a gamer because there are people out there like this...
Now I know why Germans love David Hasslehoff so much...

I have more, but they are NSFW...so email me if you need a laugh. One last note, my iPod has no battery power left, so I'm kinda cheating with these lyrics, so enjoy knowing they were hand-picked!

sail away where no ball and chain
can keep us from the roarin' waves
together undivided but forever we'll be free
so sail away aboard our rig
the moon is full and so are we
we're seven drunken pirates
we're the seven deadly sins
Seven Deadly Sins by Flogging Molly


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home