3.23.2006

Widgets Are Your Friend

Yes, they are. They are community driven; they are free of spyware. They are sexy. Currently, I'm only running three at work: this, this, and even this.

At home, I also run this. It draws from a very simple XML file called "Random Messages.xml" that should be in your My Documents folder. It is incredibly easy to delete or add your own messages using Notepad (or some other basic text editor). Here's a nice tutorial.

In other news, two of my good friends are leaving for Santa Fe on Monday. In this case, I have chosen a special song for their departure (yes, I know I'm breaking my own rule...):

the road goes ever on and on
down from the door where it began
now far ahead the road has gone
and i must follow, if i can,
pursuing it with eager feet,
until it joins some larger way
where many paths and errands meet
and whither then? i cannot say.
from The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home