3.01.2006

The State of My Chest Cavity

So Friday I went to the doctor because my chest has been congested for the past year or so. Yes, a year. But the student health insurance that my school requires sucks ass. So I didn't go see anyone about it. Anyway, I felt fine. Well, the doctor put me on some antibiotics and told me to get a chest x-ray. I wasn't too worried; until last night. My dad calls and tells me the doctor's office called about my x-ray, and wanted me to call them back. I didn't get the message till after the office was closed. So last night was spent worrying myself, my mother, and some friends. I layed in bed thinking what kind of horrid disease or condition I may have. This morning, I ate breakfast wondering what I would do with 2 months to live. I decided I would go to Spain; I would become the embodiment of Bacchus; I would go skydiving; then, after I find myself completely sated, I would find a quiet tropical beach spending the days underwater and the early afternoons through the night drinking frozen concoctions to help me hang on.

I called the doctor this morning...

They called to let me know they got my x-ray and it looks ok. Good to know. So - I took a little walk and rather than eating the lunch I brought, I went to the best place evar. Cute girl helped me, great food, and a beautiful (if a bit chilly) walk to and from the aforementioned place.

All I can do is sing the refrain...

stars above are shining down
nothing ever gonna hurt me now
and i slip away happy as a clam
Hell Below / Stars Above by the Toadies

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home