11.07.2006

ALIVE!

Well, I made it out to San Diego/Carlsbad alive. I had grand dreams of renting a convertible, but due to many conventions, I finally found (after three other companies told me they were sold out - props to Abid at National for making a phone call so I didn't need to walk around the area surrounding the San Diego airport looking for a car) a Geo Prism. Yikes, anyway - I'll try to make a more complete post tomorrow after I'm done with training. For now, here's an interesting situation I was in on the flight from Chicago to San Diego:

Finished The Professor and the Madman (GREAT BOOK!) for the book club at work and needed some reading material...luckily I packed my other book. While reading said book, gentlemen two seats to my right (I had a window) and head one aisle was listening to his XM Radio (sans headphones...JACKASS!) to Xmas choir songs - wow...good thing I left the dust jacket at home.

In any case, this traveler needs some caloric fuel...I think I saw a sushi place within walking distance...

(no lyrics right now as i have no musak! but i will thank those of you who gave me some support over the phone while I was frantically looking how to get to carlsbad with no car! MUCH LOVE)

1 Comments:

Blogger R. Peeps said...

back from the dead, and in a beautiful place. i would envy you so much more if i hadn't already spent 2 years in the exact area you are in right now. its great, right? enjoy, and if you get a chance, also look for lou's records. its on the 101 in leucadia (near encinitas...its on the right if you're heading south).

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home